Architecture team members, analysts in transition to becoming system architecture specialists.
Good architecture is essential to delivering a cost-effective system solution.
Inadequate architecture leads to rework, excessive defects, higher maintenance costs and user dissatisfaction.
The team has to expose and integrate the architectural components of all types, balancing the project needs for agility and rigor.
The architecture techniques presented in Macroscope are congruent with the latest techniques in the field, woven into the Macroscope framework. They assist the architecture specialist to develop the underlying framework for the system: decomposing it into sufficiently small pieces to master the complexity, partitioned in a way that increases cohesion and reduces coupling, and done to comply with design patterns and standards. The techniques are highly useful in both delivery and maintenance situations.
At the end of this event, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the context, fundamental, purpose and benefits of architecture modeling;
- Apply each owner and user architecture modeling technique using selected UML notation;
- Describe the adjustments to architecture modeling that can vary depending on the degree of agility in the project;
- Describe adjustments to architecture modeling in software package selection/implementation and in maintenance situations;
- Integrate all of the owner and user architecture techniques.
- The Context of Architecture Modeling
- Scoping the Information System
- Analyzing Processes
- Organizing Information
- Harmonizing the Models
- Managing Complexity
- Adapting to Modeling Context
Delivery Mode and Duration
In-class learning: 3 days
Hands-on with a progressive case study.
Participants should have attended the following or have equivalent experience:
Each participant must have a computer available throughout the event (shared with one other participant if necessary), that will enable access to the current version of Macroscope and of the standard supporting products (e.g., MS Office, Adobe Reader.)
||Up to list of learning events for:
Systems Delivery and Maintenance