Practitioners involved in information system delivery or maintenance projects and playing roles of solution architecture and detailed design.
These techniques aid in the detailed analysis of use cases and of the objects that will collaborate in the system to be implemented – to deliver the services of the use case in an optimum way. The techniques address the deepest level of specifications in the user view, giving effective and efficient input to developer activities.
The techniques are particularly useful at the time the P490S Unit Task Specification is being drafted and validated, as well as specifications for other user-view components
Learners should be familiar with modeling concepts, able to read models and have a minimal knowledge of relevant UML notation.
Should have completed the following events or have equivalent competencies:
Participants will also find the following event useful, taken before or after this event:
At the end of this event, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the Detailed User Analysis Modeling and its three techniques;
- Apply the three techniques in the context of a case study;
- Contribute to two deliverables: P490S Unit Task Specification and P180S Information Component Specification, as related to Detailed User Analysis Modeling.
- Overview of Detailed User Analysis Modeling
- Detailing a Use Case – Determining Task Steps
- Detailing a Use Case – Finding Services
- Detailing a Use Case – Describing a Unit Task Local View
- Analyzing Objects in Detail – Defining a Service Behavior
- Analyzing Objects in Detail – Describing a Service Local View
- Harmonizing User-level Models – Reviewing Task Steps
- Harmonizing User-level Models – Reviewing Class Responsibilities
Delivery Mode and Duration
In-class learning: 2 days
Presentations; examples and exercises in the context of a case study; class discussions about the exercise solutions.
Each participant must have a computer available throughout the event (shared with one other participant if necessary), that will enable access to the current version of Macroscope and of the standard supporting products (e.g. MS Office, Adobe Reader).
||Up to list of learning events for:
Systems Delivery and Maintenance