Maintenance architects, maintenance team members, maintenance team leaders operations group leaders, business system managers. It is of greatest value for those who play the key roles in the maintenance process in an established environment.
This event guides the learner to make efficient use in maintenance – of the documentation items that would be created using Macroscope Solution Delivery processes. But it also prepares the learner to face the more common situation – when there is little or no current documentation in place. The event guides the learner through the various aspects of documentation recovery and through the best practices of system operation and maintenance.
At the end of this event, the learner will be able to:
- Briefly describe the System Operation, System Improvement and System Maintenance paths (purpose, activities, key deliverables and roles, techniques);
- Explain how the Solution domain is used to improve the way systems are maintained and services are delivered;
- Explain how configuration management adds value during maintenance;
- Recover System documentation;
- Plan a maintenance release;
- Use online reference material to find more information.
- System Operation and Maintenance Overview
- System Improvement Phase
- Recover the System Architecture
- Architecture Phase
- Design and Construction Phase
- Updating the Detailed Documentation
- Implementation Phase
- The Urgent Request
- Operations and Retirement
Delivery Mode and Duration
In-class: 3 days
Case studies, exercises, discussions and presentations. It includes frequent practical hands-on activities.
Each participant must have a computer available (shared with one other participant if necessary) with access to the current version of Macroscope.
In addition, the standard supporting products should be installed (e.g. Macroscope Deliverable Assistant, Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader.)
||Up to list of learning events for:
Systems Delivery and Maintenance