This event is intended for every professional who needs a hands-on introduction to Macroscope. It is especially appropriate for Solution Delivery practitioners who are new to Macroscope and the Solution domain.
This course presents the Base Process of the Solution domain of Macroscope. The Base Process provides a subset of deliverables and activities that will serve the needs of most projects, and can readily be tailored and extended for the remainder.
The aim of this course is to introduce the learner to Macroscope in an efficient and practical way, and to encourage further learning through independent exploration. The specific objectives are that the learner will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of the five domains of Macroscope;
- Describe the Base Process of the Solution domain and its relationship to other Solution Delivery and Maintenance paths;
- Explain what is meant by the Macroscope terms: Path, Phase, Activity, Technique, and Deliverable;
- Navigate and search in Macroscope;
- Discuss the advantages of measuring progress by deliverables;
- List some of the roles and responsibilities involved;
- Create deliverable templates using Macroscope;
- Use the Deliverable Assistant to modify a documentation structure.
- What is Macroscope?
- The Solution Base Process
- Deliverables and Roles
- Delivery, Maintenance and Operation Paths
- All About Deliverables
- The Deliverable Life Cycle
- Documentation Structures and the Deliverable Assistant
Delivery Mode and Duration
In-class learning: 1 day
This course is highly interactive, with an agenda that concentrates on learning by research and discovery using Macroscope itself. It includes frequent practical hands-on activity, discussions and mini-presentations by participant groups.
Each participant must have a computer available (shared with other participants if necessary) with access to the current version of Macroscope.
In addition, the standard supporting products should be installed (e.g. Macroscope Deliverable Assistant, Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader.)
||Up to list of learning events for:
Systems Delivery and Maintenance