Anyone who will participate in a preliminary analysis phase, ideally in the near future. Best results will be achieved when all three major roles (BSM, PM and architect) for the project attend the event together.
This event enfolds the contents of the P120-3 Preliminary Analysis event plus most of its prerequisites, in an intensive hands-on format.
At the end of this event, the learner will be able to use Macroscope to perform an opportunity evaluation (OE) and a Preliminary Analysis (PA). Specifically, be able to:
- Describe the available delivery paths, when and how to use them, and be able to select the appropriate path for a project;
- Complete, from the perspective of one’s role, the key deliverables;
- Explain how the phases, the expected outcomes, and how they fit with the other phases;
- Use Macroscope to find method help, activities, deliverables, techniques and fundamentals;
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the main participants;
- Describe the three viewpoints and three types of questions covered;
- Describe the process and some techniques for producing the deliverables;
- Explain the purpose and general content of the deliverables;
- Determine the appropriate level of detail of the deliverables;
- Explain the interdependence of these deliverables;
- Suggest some tailoring of the phase deliverables, depending on project context;
- Describe the concepts of modeling.
- Opportunity Evaluation Phase
- Overview of the Preliminary Analysis Phase
- Examine Current Systems and Define Success
- Examine the Business Requirements
- Establish Direction for a Solution
- Draft a User-perceivable Solution
- Technical Cost and Feasibility
- Plan the Preliminary Analysis
Delivery Mode and Duration
In-class: 4 days
Presentations, discussions, explorations and workshops. Participants who attend with teammates in an upcoming project will be able to use that project for some of the workshops.
Each participant must have a computer available (shared with one other participant if necessary) with access to the current version of Macroscope.
In addition, the standard supporting products should be installed (e.g. Macroscope Deliverable Assistant, Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader.)
||Up to list of learning events for:
Systems Delivery and Maintenance