Everybody who wishes to apply the RC modeling technique, e.g. to support a value case, to select the initiatives of a program, to determine essential business requirements, to enable tracking of business benefits, to manage scope and to maximize the value delivered by any IT initiative.
This event is designed as a first contact with Result Chain Modeling. It familiarizes the learner with the concepts related to realization of benefits and concepts and application of the Results Chain technique.
At the end of this event, the learner will be able to:
- Apply the core principles of RC modeling to create a model that will ”work” in the real world – to focus decision making that will result in higher business value;
- Assist people to work with the bigger picture: beyond the tangible and so-called intangible benefits from a single project – to the delivery of valuable business results through a focused program;
- Facilitate commitment to complementary initiatives, e.g. organizational change actions, that are necessary to achieve the desired business results;
- Recognize how the technique can be adapted to the context and needs of the learner.
- Getting Value from IT Investments
- The Results Chain Technique
- Cases Studies - using the technique in various settings
Delivery Mode and Duration
In-class learning: 1.5 day
Presentations, discussions, case studies and exercises.
Each participant must have a computer available (shared with other participants if necessary) with access to the current version of Macroscope. Participants should confirm their ability to access Macroscope in advance.
Much of this material is also in R002-2 Familiarization with Benefits Realization (Program Management) designed for those actively involved in using the technique in program and portfolio management, and has additional content related to the Benefits domain of Macroscope.
This R004 course is for a broader context (other domains of Macroscope).
||Up to list of learning events for: