Management consultants, senior information technology consultants, benefits management practitioners, etc., who wish to work in Portfolio and Program management engagements.
This event is designed as a first overall contact with the Benefits domain of Macroscope. It familiarizes the learner with concepts and fundamentals related to Benefits Realization, the Program Management process and the concepts of the Results Chain technique.
At the end of this event, the learner will be able to:
- Assist people to work with the bigger picture: beyond the tangible and so-called intangible benefits from a single project – to the delivery of valuable business results through a focused program;
- Use the technique of Results Chain modeling to define a program of initiatives that will enable valuable business outcomes;
- Facilitate commitment to complementary initiatives, e.g. organizational change actions, that are necessary to achieve the desired business results;
- Identify key metrics that will enable ongoing monitoring of the achievement of business benefits, and to recognize when additional intervention may be necessary.
- Getting Value from IT Investments
- The Program Management Base Process
- The Results Chain Technique
- The Five Phases of Program Management
Delivery Mode and Duration
In-class learning: 2 days
Presentations, discussions and exercises.
Each participant must have a computer available (shared with other participants if necessary) with access to the current version of Macroscope. Participants should confirm their ability to access Macroscope in advance.
Some of this material is also in R004-2 Familiarization with Results Chain Modeling, designed for those who wish to use the RC modeling technique in a variety of situations.
This R002 course is specifically designed for those working with program and portfolio management.
||Up to list of learning events for: