Project managers, team leaders, delivery managers and project office administrators
If you have ever wondered how to gain better control of your projects so that they actually follow your plan and if you’ve ever wondered how to close a project at the end—so that it stays closed—then this course is for you.
You will learn the art and science of keeping a project on track right to the end.
M720-3 Project Initiation and Planning
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the major activities and the recommended emphasis that should be placed on these activities during an ongoing project and during project closure;
- Progress project management plans from the Planning stage to the actual execution of the project;
- Manage risks, issues, and problems;
- Control changes to project and solution scope;
- Estimate effort to completion of a project;
- Produce efficient and effective project status reports;
- Close a project so that clients and teams recognize a clear and successful ending;
- Carry out post-implementation reviews and capture and analyze lessons learned.
- Executing: The Project That Is, Not the Project Manager!
- Controlling: Tracking Progress – Overview
- Tracking during the Control Period – Risk Management
- Change Control
- Issues and Problems
- Tracking Individuals and Teams
- Tracking during the Reporting Period
- Closing: “Are We There Yet?”
- Wrap-up and Conclusions
Delivery Mode and Duration
In-class learning: 2 days
This is a hands-on course using the Project domain of Macroscope. The course is built around presentations, discussions, quizzes and case study exercises. Course materials guide the participants through the use of Macroscope and the creation of deliverable components for the case study.ations, demos, discussions and quizzes.
Each participant must have a computer available (shared with other participants if necessary) with access to the current version of Macroscope.
In addition, the standard supporting products should be installed (e.g. Macroscope Deliverable Assistant, Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader.)
||Up to list of learning events for:
PMI® Professional Development Units
If you hold a PMP® certification you may record this training after successful completion with the following information:
- REP #1099 (Fujitsu Consulting)
- Activity ID: M730
- Number of PDUs: 14