Anyone who generally takes a project management or team leadership role – or expects to in the near future.
Designed to challenge both the experienced project manager and those new to the role, the course covers the skills, techniques, deliverables, and activities recommended at the beginning of a project. Project success is planned from the start!
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the major activities and the recommended emphasis that should be placed on them at the beginning of a project;
- Delineate and document a clear project scope;
- Define and plan the work using the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) technique;
- Identify the deliverables to be completed in the project;
- Estimate project effort and cost using the Macoscope estimation techniques and critical path method;
- Plan for identification and handling of risks and issues;
- Plan for quality to be built into the solution;
- Plan for human resources (staffing and de-staffing) and for the financial control of the project;
- Navigate in the Project domain of Macroscope, find and use deliverable templates, and find and apply project management guidelines to the initiation and planning of projects.
- Initiation: Accepting the Project
- Describing the Project
- Defining the Project Scope
- Defining the Work Components
- Effort and Cost Estimation
- Quality Management
- Time and Cost Management
- Risk and Issue Management
- Human Resource Management
- Further Resource Planning
- Wrap-up and Presentations
Delivery Mode and Duration
Pre-class work: 1 hour
In-class learning: 2 days
This is a hands-on course using Macroscope. During the course, participants assume the project management role in a case study project. Course materials guide the participants through the use of the tool and the creation of deliverable components for the case study.
Each participant must have a computer available (shared with other participants if necessary) with access to the current version of Macroscope.
In addition, the standard supporting products should be installed (e.g. Macroscope Deliverable Assistant, Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader.)
||Up to list of learning events for:
PMI® Professional Development Units
If you hold a PMP® certification you may record this training after successful completion with the following information:
- REP #1099 (Fujitsu Consulting)
- Activity ID: M720
- Number of PDUs: 14