Although the event has been designed mainly for the Project Manager, it is highly valuable for anybody in a leadership role of any kind.
This seminar directly emphasizes the competencies that a project manager must acquire to direct the human resources of the project.
This seminar describes the Fujitsu approach to the execution of the leadership function in project management. It focuses on the interpersonal skills essential to the management of successful teams and projects.
Experience in a leadership role, e.g. Project Manager, Team Leader, Architecture Lead, Functional Manager. The learner must also have completed a social style profile.
At the end of this event, the learner will be able to:
- List the interpersonal skills essential for the management of successful teams and projects;
- Describe project context and analyze a project situation in terms of context;
- Explain the purpose of the social styles communication model and use the model to increase their effectiveness as communicators;
- Define the principles of the win/win negotiation approach and apply them in negotiations with project stakeholders;
- Diagnose the effectiveness of a team and know what measures to take to correct the causes of team ineffectiveness;
- Describe at least one technique for managing conflicts constructively and apply it to settle interpersonal conflicts;
- Define the role of coaching for obtaining the best possible performance from team members
- Apply the coaching techniques and steps for a team member;
- Defining the Context
- Increasing Team Effectiveness
- Effective Communication
- Win/win Negotiation Approach
- Constructive Management of Conflicts
- Getting the Best Possible Performance
- Concluding the Project
- Using What You Have Learned
Delivery Mode and Duration
In-class learning: 3 days
Presentations, discussions, case studies, role-playing, exercises and examples.
Note that this learning event requires the completion of Social Style Kits. These kits must be distributed to the participants 4-6 weeks in advance and completed before the start of the course. Please see Education Services for more details.
Additional break-out rooms are required at times during the event – discuss details with the assigned instructor.
||Up to list of learning events for:
Soft Skills and Tools
PMI® Professional Development Units
If you are registered as a PMP®, you may record this training, after successful completion, with the following information:
- REP #1099 (Fujitsu)
- Activity ID: H01
- Number of PDUs: 21